Do you suffer from snoring? If so, you’re not alone. Snoring is a common problem that can have a negative impact on your health and your quality of sleep. In this blog post, we will discuss three natural ways to fight snoring and get a good night’s sleep.
If you’re looking for a natural way to fight snoring, consider trying one of these three methods:
* Sleep on your side: Sleeping on your back can make snoring worse. Try sleeping on your side instead. This will help keep your airway open and reduce the amount of snoring.
* Use a humidifier: A humidifier can help keep the air in your bedroom moist. This can reduce snoring by keeping the tissues in your nose and throat from drying out and becoming irritated.
* Try nasal strips: Nasal strips can help open up your nasal passages and allow more air to flow through. This can reduce snoring by making it easier to breathe.
If you suffer from snoring, don’t despair. There are natural ways to fight it. Try one of these three methods and see if it helps you get a good night’s sleep. Sweet dreams!
Do you have any other tips for fighting snoring? Share them in the comments below! And be sure to follow us on social media for more sleep tips and advice.
American Academy of Sleep Medicine. “Sleeping on Your Side May Help Reduce Snoring.” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 18 June 2018.
Web. 18 July 2018.
Nishida, Meg. “11 Tips to Combat Snoring.” Health.com, 11 May 2017. Web. 18 July 2018.
“Nasal Strips for Snoring.” Mayo Clinic. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 01 June 2017. Web. 18 July 2018.
American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). “Sleeping on your side may help reduce snoring.” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 18 June 2018.
Web. 20 July 2018.
This simple change in sleep position can have a big impact on snoring. Sleeping on your back allows gravity to pull the relaxed tongue and soft palate down to block the airway. This results in snoring or even pauses in breathing (apnea). Sleeping on your side may help prevent these blockages.
Mayo Clinic (2017). “Nasal Strips for Snoring.” Mayo Clinic. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 01 June 2017. Web. 20 July 2018.
If you have mild to moderate snoring, nasal strips might help by lifting your nasal passages open. This allows air to flow more freely through your nose, which might reduce or eliminate snoring.
Health.com (2017). “11 Tips to Combat Snoring.” Health.com, 11 May 2017. Web. 20 July 2018.
In addition to sleeping on your side and using a humidifier, here are some other tips that may help reduce or eliminate snoring:
* Avoid alcohol before bed.
* Quit smoking.
* Keep your nasal passages clear. Use a saline spray or neti pot to flush out your sinuses.
* Lose weight if you’re overweight. extra weight, especially around the neck, can compress and narrow your airway.
* Treat allergies or other respiratory problems. If you have allergies or a cold, your nasal passages may be swollen and blocked, which can lead to snoring.